The Bound Brook Cemetery is situated along Mountain Avenue in Bound Brook, primarily located in the town of Bound Brook, with additional contiguous property in Bridgewater Township. The Trustees of the Presbyterian Church at Bound Brook initially purchased 12 acres of land from John D Vorhees “on the east side of the road leading to the mountain” north of Union Avenue from a bequest of $3,000 received from Peter L. Van Deventer.
The cemetery continues to operate under the managment of the Trustees of the Presbyterian Church and the regulations and guidelines established by the New Jersey Cemetery Board and the New Jersey Cemetery Association.
The first person interred here was Civil War soldier Nicholas Conover, age 29, who died on May 15,1864. The cemetery is a peaceful landscape of trees, lawns and monuments, and is the final resting place of persons of all denominations, notionalities, races and gender orientation.
Anyone insterested in purchase of gravesite plots or columbarium niches is welcome to contact the Office Manager during weekday business hours of 8:00 am through 12:00 noon at (732) 356-1021. or email at: email@example.com